With Aetna Specialty Pharmacy, you get the specialty medicine and ongoing support you need
Aetna Specialty Pharmacy is Aetna’s in-house specialty pharmacy. It can fill your prescription specialty medicine. These types of drugs may be injected, infused or taken by mouth.
Complex specialty medicine may not be available at a local retail pharmacy. And it is not offered through Aetna’s mail-order pharmacy, Aetna Rx Home Delivery®.
Specialty medicine often needs special storage and handling. It must be delivered quickly. And a nurse or pharmacist should monitor you during your treatment.
Aetna Specialty Pharmacy offers all this and more.
Aetna Specialty Pharmacy helps you manage your drug and condition.
You get a personal care plan and many helpful services, including:
- Nurse and pharmacist support, by phone, available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Coordination with your doctor to check that you receive the right drug and supplies.
- Free, secure delivery within 48 hours of confirming your order, or later if you request.
- Delivery to your home, doctor’s office or any other location you choose.
- Package tracking to ensure prompt delivery of your order.
- Self-injection training/education about your condition and medication, when needed.
- Flexible payment options and help for out-of-pocket costs, when needed.
- Free injection supplies, such as needles, syringes, alcohol swabs, adhesive bandages and Sharps containers for needle waste, if needed.